myReadings: A dynamic new tool to build and share your course reading lists
Being able to access assigned readings can be integral to student success, but how accessible is your reading list? A recent report* from the University of Guelph found that the majority of surveyed students (n=4,240) had to forego purchasing a required text during their University career, with negative impacts on their learning. With the library’s myReadings tool and service, we can help you remove barriers to the materials that your students need to succeed.
In this session we will explore:
- What the myReadings tool is and how it can be integrated directly into your D2L course site
- How the library can help you provide access to licensed (paid) content, without requiring students to purchase their own personal copies of material
- Options for creating your own list in myReadings, or asking us for help
- Other ways that myReadings improves student learning, such as providing full citation information, linking directly to library resources, and active learning integrations
* University of Guelph Library & the Central Student Association (CSA). (2016). #TextbookBroke: Findings of a University of Guelph student survey on textbook purchasing behaviours and outcomes.
Note: This session is intended for faculty and instructors and will be held online via Zoom. A confirmation with a link to the session will be emailed to you after registration.
Related LibGuide: myReadings by Chris Tomasini
- Monday, July 10, 2023
- 10:00am - 11:00am